Adventure Guides & Princesses Longhouses
This is the information page for all Adventure Guides & Adventure Princess Longhouse programming at YMCA Camp Immokalee.
YMCA Camp Immokalee, with the Brown Family YMCA (formerly Ponte Vedra Beach YMCA) hosts 2 Longhouse programs each year. The Fall Longhouse is generally offered in October or November for both the Adventure Guides and Adventure Princesses. The Spring Longhouse is generally offered in April for both the Adventure Guides and Adventure Princesses.
During your weekend stay you will get to bond with your child(ren) and tribe while sleeping in a camping tent. Each tribe is responsible for their own food, which is typically cooked over an open fire or on a camping grill.
Included activities throughout the weekend consist of:
- Scavenger Hunt
- Octoball (Gaga Ball)
- Challenge Course
- Zip Line
- Egg Toss
- Canoes and Kayaks
- Down on the Farm
We also offer some add-on programming during the weekend for a small fee. Those programs include:
- Ring Ride: Enjoy a 5-10 minute ride on a horse in an enclosed ring. Perfect for younger kiddos or beginners.
- Trail Ride: Enjoy a 15-20 minute ride on a horse through our horseback trails. This is perfect for all horse lovers.
- Tubing: Enjoy a 2-3 minute ride on our turbo tube or banana boat via out boat or jet-ski on the beautiful Lake Brooklyn.
- Cost: $15 each. Dad’s can Tube also!
- Am I required to arrive on Friday Evening? My child has sports/activities on Friday and I cannot arrive until Saturday.
- No, you are not required to arrive on Friday. We also offer a check-in on Saturday morning. Please just ensure you have communicated with your Tribe Chief.
- How do I register for this program?
- You can register for this program through our CampBrain platform. Register Now!
- What if my son/daughter is coming with another family?
- Just simply make sure you register your son or daughter! Someone might reach out for clarification, but just let them know that your son/daughter is attending with another family.
- Do I have to be registered through the Brown Family YMCA Adventure Guides/Princesses program to participate?
- Yes — Longhouse is exclusive to individuals who are registered through the Adventure Guides/Adventure Princesses program. This option is available through our registration platform, under the “Adventure Guides/Princesses Yearly Registration.”
- What does the check-in process look like?
- Check-in is located in our Dining Hall. As each family arrives, we ask that before you go to your tribe campsite, you first come to our Dining Hall to check-in.
- During check-in, we will ensure that you have your wristbands, you are paid in full for the correct programming, and you will receive your times for Trail Rides, Ring Rides, or Tubing.
- Our Camp Immokalee staff will be stationed throughout the property on Friday Evening to ensure that check-in goes as smoothly as possible. You may be asked if you have your wristband by a staff member. If you do not have a wristband, you will be asked to go to our Dining Hall for check-in.
- The importance of the wristband just lets us know that you have fully registered for the program and signed any required waivers. You will not be permitted to participate in any activities without a wristband.
- What if I forget some of my items at home?
- Our Camp Store will be open a few times throughout your weekend with us. We have some basic items in the camp store (chips, drinks, merchandise), but are not equipped for large forgotten items (blankets, matches/lighters, ice, etc.).
- There are many stores close by in Keystone Heights that are available and will have many of the items you may need. The stores in Keystone Heights are:
- Dollar General
- Family Dollar
- Hitchcock’s Market