Summer 2020 & COVID-19
YMCA Camp Immokalee currently plans on running summer 2020 as planned. Safety is our number one priority, and we’ll continue monitoring CDC, American Camp Association, Y-USA, and other sources to ensure our policies and procedures are aligned to keep campers are safe as possible.
Already, we have made several decisions that will make camp 2020 a better place for all. So far, these include:
- Removing beds from cabins to decrease the maximum number of campers per cabin
- Changing check in procedures to include screening for temperature and COVID-19 symptoms
- Revising our refund policy to give parents more flexibility around canceling or changing sessions
- Increasing our cleaning and sanitation routines
- Placing additional handwashing stations around camp
- Renovating our bathhouse to help campers feel more comfortable taking time for personal hygiene
- Adding front porches to our West Village cabins to increase usable space and allow campers to spread out
- Canceling weekend trips to avoid bus transportation and theme parks
- Canceling Stayover Weekends to avoid mixing campers from different cabins and to give us more time to clean and sanitize
To learn about all the changes we’re making in light of COVID-19, please check out our COVID-19 Info Guide.
First Coast YMCA Updates