October 23-25, 2020
Things are getting ~spooky~ at YMCA Camp Immokalee, and we can’t wait for you to be with us! Join us for a weekend full of camp favorites mixed with Halloween fun. This small, cooler weekend is a great chance for returning campers to reconnect with camp friends and return to their home away from home, and it’s also a great opportunity for new campers to give Camp Immokalee a try in a smaller, more laid back setting.
Much like during the summer, we will make modifications to help minimize the possibility of COVID-19 spread at Halloween Camp. Find specific modifications below.
- Horseback Riding
- Capture the Pumpkin
- Spooky Crafts and Snacks
- Halloween Costume Dance
- Much more!
Ages, Dates & Pricing
Ages: 6-17 (16-17 year olds must apply and be selected as counselors-in-training – see below)
Dates: October 23-25
Member Rate: $110
Non-Member Rate: $120
Financial Assistance Application
Register by October 1, 2020 to get a free Halloween Camp t-shirt!
CIT (Counselor-in-Training) Program
Campers ages 16-17 are invited to apply for our counselor-in-training (CIT) program for Halloween Camp! During this smaller weekend, CIT spaces will be limited. Participants selected for this program will get to participate in many of our camp activities but will also help with implementing activities, managing camper behavior, and more. To be selected, campers can fill out the application below and return it to Allison East at firstname.lastname@example.org. This application serves as the application for all off-season programs. Please read it thoroughly before applying.
Deadline to Apply: October 11
Member & Non-Member Rate: $110 (includes t-shirt)
2020-2021 Off-Season CIT Application
- Check In will be Friday, October 23 between 6 and 7 pm. Dinner will not be served at camp that night, so please eat before arrival. If you need to arrive later, please email Allison East at email@example.com. We cannot accommodate early Check In.
- CITs will be asked to arrive at 5:00 pm if possible. Dinner will be provided for CITs.
- Check Out will be Sunday, October 25. The time is currently TBD but will be somewhere between 1 and 4 pm. There will be a one-hour window for Check Out. Please arrive during that hour.
- The packing list can be found here.
- Any medicine should be sent in the original packaging with only the amount needed for the weekend. This medicine can be handed to a staff member at Check In.
- We will NOT use Playerspace for Halloween Camp paperwork. Instead, medical questions are asked with registration, and a waiver/pickup authorization will be quickly filled out at Check In.
- More information and details will be sent out after registration.
Other questions? Please email Allison East at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help minimize the risk of COVID-19 spread at Halloween Camp, the following policies will be in effect:
- Parents will not be allowed out of the car at Check In or Check Out. Instead, we’ll utilize the drive-thru system we used for Summer 2020.
- Parents will be asked to monitor their camper for temperature, symptoms, and possible exposure 14 days prior to camp. Campers who have had any fever, symptoms, or possible exposure are asked to stay at home.
- Campers with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be admitted into camp.
- Cabins, common spaces, and activity areas will be cleaned and sanitized three times a day.
- Campers will be placed into “households,” made up of 3-4 cabins. Campers will not have to socially distance from campers and staff in their household, but they will have to socially distance from campers and staff in other households. For Halloween Camp, we expect there will only be two households.
- Campers and staff will have their temperatures taken daily. Anyone who has a temperature of 100.4 or above and/or has two or more symptoms from the CDC’s list of COVID-19 symptoms will be immediately isolated and sent home from camp. Parents should make sure they have a plan in place to pick their child up as soon as possible in the event a fever/symptoms occur.
- We ask that parents keep us updated on their camper’s COVID-19 status after camp. If your camper tests positive for COVID-19 in the two weeks following camp, please let us know so we can encourage anyone who may have come in contact with your camper to get tested.
Questions? Please email Allison East at email@example.com.