October 15-17, 2021
Things are getting ~spooky~ at YMCA Camp Immokalee, and we can’t wait for you to be with us! Join us for a weekend full of camp favorites mixed with Halloween fun. This small, cooler weekend is a great chance for returning campers to reconnect with camp friends and return to their home away from home, and it’s also a great opportunity for new campers to give Camp Immokalee a try in a smaller, more laid back setting.
Much like during the summer, we will make modifications to help minimize the possibility of COVID-19 spread at Halloween Camp. Find specific modifications below.
- Horseback Riding
- Capture the Pumpkin
- Spooky Crafts and Snacks
- Halloween Costume Dance
- Much more!
Ages, Dates & Pricing
Ages: 6-17 (16-17 year olds must apply and be selected as counselors-in-training – see below)
Dates: October 15-17
Member Rate: $110
Non-Member Rate: $120
Financial Assistance Application
Register by September 17, 2021 to get a free Halloween Camp t-shirt!
If you receive financial assistance, please email us at email@example.com to have it applied. Financial assistance is NOT automatically applied.
We are incredibly appreciative of all of our camp military families! While we do offer substantial military discounts for summer, we do not have military discounts for our off-season programs.
CIT (Counselor-in-Training) Program
Campers in 10-12th grade are invited to apply for our counselor-in-training (CIT) program for Halloween Camp! During this smaller weekend, CIT spaces will be limited. Participants selected for this program will get to participate in many of our camp activities but will also help with implementing activities, managing camper behavior, and more.
Deadline to Apply: September 19
Member & Non-Member Rate: $110 (includes t-shirt)
Halloween Camp will be the only off-season program that does not require a full CIT application. To apply to be a Halloween Camp CIT, please email Allison Krabill at firstname.lastname@example.org with at least one paragraph (at least four sentences) about why you’d like to serve as a CIT for this camp and what makes you a good fit for the CIT program. You will receive an out-of-office reply, but decisions will be emailed out September 20.
- Because Halloween Camp is a weekend camp, a negative COVID-19 test is NOT required to attend Halloween Camp.
- Please know that Winter Camp (a week long) and Spring Fling (a week long) may have different rules.
- Check In will be Friday, October 15 between 6 and 7 pm. Dinner will not be served at camp that night, so please eat before arrival. If you need to arrive later, please email us at email@example.com. We cannot accommodate early Check In.
- CITs will be asked to arrive at 5:00 pm if possible. Dinner will be provided for CITs.
- Check Out will be Sunday, October 17 between 2 and 3 pm. To arrange for earlier pickup, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Late Check Out cannot be arranged.
- Late pick ups will be charged $1/minute/camper.
- The packing list can be found here.
- Any medicine should be sent in the original packaging with only the amount needed for the weekend. This medicine can be handed to a staff member at Check In.
- Campers with food allergies special diets registering after October 1 should contact Abbi Pittman at email@example.com immediately after registering.
- More information and details will be sent out after registration.
Other questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help minimize the risk of COVID-19 spread at Halloween Camp, the following policies will be in effect:
- Parents will not be allowed out of the car at Check In or Check Out. Instead, we’ll utilize the drive-thru system we used for Summer 2020 and Summer 2021.
- Parents will be asked to monitor their camper for temperature, symptoms, and possible exposure 14 days prior to camp. Campers who have had any fever, symptoms, or possible exposure are asked to stay at home.
- Campers with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be admitted into camp.
- Campers will be placed into “households,” made up of 3-5 cabins. Campers will not have to socially distance from campers and staff in their household, but they will have to socially distance from campers and staff in other households. For Halloween Camp, we expect there will only be two households.
- Campers and staff will have their temperatures taken daily. Anyone who has a temperature of 100.4 or above and/or has two or more symptoms from the CDC’s list of COVID-19 symptoms will be immediately isolated and sent home from camp. Parents should make sure they have a plan in place to pick their child up as soon as possible in the event a fever/symptoms occur.
- We ask that parents keep us updated on their camper’s COVID-19 status after camp. If your camper tests positive for COVID-19 in the two weeks following camp, please let us know so we can encourage anyone who may have come in contact with your camper to get tested.
Questions? Please email us at email@example.com.