Y Family Weekend
March 5-7, 2021
We’re excited to give our YMCA employees the opportunity to enjoy a weekend of family fun at YMCA Camp Immokalee! We are thankful for all you do for the First Coast Y.
Let us do the work while you enjoy time with your family! Our qualified staff will provide your family an opportunity to spend quality time together while doing camp favorite activities like archery, canoeing, the zipline, and more. Whatever your desire, you can come on in, sit back and enjoy a nice family trip together. Best of all, we’ll do the dishes! Sign up today for a weekend your family will not soon forget.
Modifications to Family Camp have been made so that families can have an incredible experience while also minimize the risk of spreading COVID-19. For more information about those modifications, please see below.
Weekend Activities Include:
- Outdoor Games
- Boating (weather permitting)
- Campfire and S’Mores
- Much more!
- For Y Family Weekend, the primary adult (the one who registers) MUST be an employee of the First Coast YMCA. Others in your cabin/group do not have to be YMCA employees.
- “Families” don’t necessarily have to be family members. We consider families anyone sharing your cabin. These can be family, friends, etc. You will not have the space to socially distance from people in your family, so please only bring people you are comfortable not socially distancing from.
- For both day and overnight options, “families” are groups of 10 people.
- While we welcome campers of all ages, our activities are primarily designed for campers ages 5+. Our zipline, horses, archery, and other activities aren’t set up for campers younger than 5, but they are welcome to come hang out and enjoy the time at camp! The songs, camp spirit, and more will provide entertainment!
- Every adult in your party will need to sign their own waiver. Every child in your party will have to have a waiver signed by their parent/guardian, even if their parent/guardian is not attending. We will email waivers out two weeks prior to camp.
- We encourage staff who work at the same branch to reserve separate cabins and continue socially distancing from co-workers.
- OVERNIGHT OPTION
- The overnight cabin option is limited to 14 families – first come, first served. Families also have the option to tent camp (tent, camping materials, etc. are not provided).
- Check In: Friday from 6-7 pm
- Check Out: Families can leave anytime before 12:30 on Sunday (lunch is provided)
- DAY OPTION
- Check In: Saturday morning from 9:00-10:00 am (breakfast is not included)
- Check Out: Families can leave anytime Saturday (dinner is included)
- The deadline to register is end of day February 26.
Ages, Dates & Pricing
Ages: All ages are welcome! However, activities are specifically designed for campers 5+. Younger campers are welcome to come and enjoy the spirit of camp, the family time, and the great outdoors, though!
Dates: March 5-7
Fees: This weekend is courtesy of the First Coast YMCA.
To help minimize the risk of COVID-19 spread at Y Family Weekend, the following policies will be in effect:
- All participants will be asked to monitor their camper for temperature, symptoms, and possible exposure 14 days prior to camp. Participants who have had any fever, symptoms, or possible exposure are asked to stay at home.
- Participants with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be admitted into camp.
- Common spaces and activity areas will be cleaned daily. Cabin cleaning/sanitization is up to individual families. Supplies will be in the cabins.
- All activities will be designed with the ability for all families to socially distance from each other.
- Our staff will wear masks any time social distancing is not possible.
- Participants and staff will have their temperatures taken daily. Anyone who has a temperature of 100.4 or above and/or has two or more symptoms from the CDC’s list of COVID-19 symptoms will be immediately isolated and sent home from camp.
- We ask that participants keep us updated on COVID-19 status after camp. If a participant tests positive for COVID-19 in the two weeks following camp, please let us know so we can encourage anyone who may have come in contact with the participant to get tested.
Questions? Please email us at email@example.com.