Y Family Weekend
September 3-5, 2021
We hear it all the time — “sounds fun, can parents come too?” Well, now you can! Enjoy almost everything our campers get to do with us at camp, but with your family. From the meals to the activities to the evening programs, your family will love becoming campers this Labor Day weekend.
Modifications to Family Camp have been made so that families can have an incredible experience while also minimize the risk of spreading COVID-19. For more information about those modifications, please see below.
Weekend Activities Include:
- Outdoor Games
- Boating (weather permitting)
- Campfire and S’Mores
- Much more!
- “Families” don’t necessarily have to be family members. We consider families anyone sharing your cabin. These can be family, friends, etc. You will not have the space to socially distance from people in your family, so please only bring people you are comfortable not socially distancing from.
- For both day and overnight options, “families” are groups of 10 people.
- While we welcome campers of all ages, our activities are primarily designed for campers ages 5+. Our zipline, horses, archery, and other activities aren’t set up for campers younger than 5, but they are welcome to come hang out and enjoy the time at camp! The songs, camp spirit, and more will provide entertainment!
- Every adult in your party will need to sign their own waiver. Every child in your party will have to have a waiver signed by their parent/guardian, even if their parent/guardian is not attending. We will email waivers out two weeks prior to camp.
- OVERNIGHT OPTION (CABIN OR TENT)
- The overnight cabin option is limited to 15 families – first come, first served.
- Tent spots are available for families who would like to camp.
- Check In: Friday from 6-7 pm (dinner not provided Friday night)
- Check Out: Families can leave anytime before 12:30 on Sunday (lunch is provided)
- DAY OPTION
- Check In: Saturday morning from 9:00-10:00 am (breakfast is not included)
- Check Out: Families can leave anytime Saturday (dinner is included)
- The deadline to register is end of day August 25.
Ages, Dates & Pricing
Ages: All ages are welcome! However, activities are specifically designed for campers 5+. Younger campers are welcome to come and enjoy the spirit of camp, the family time, and the great outdoors, though!
Dates: September 3-5, 2021
Fees: See pricing structure below
- Check In will be Friday, September 25 between 6 and 8 pm. Dinner will not be served at camp that night, so please eat before arrival or make plans to go have dinner after checking in. If you need to arrive later, please email Allison East at email@example.com. We cannot accommodate early Check In.
- CITs will be asked to arrive at 5:00 pm if possible. Dinner will be provided for CITs.
- To accommodate different schedules, activities will be light and optional Friday night. More detailed information will be sent out in the weeks leading up to Family Camp.
- Check Out will be Sunday, September 27. The time is currently TBD.
- The packing list can be found here.
- More information and details will be sent out after registration.
Other questions? Please email Allison East at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help minimize the risk of COVID-19 spread at Y Family Weekend, the following policies will be in effect:
- All participants will be asked to monitor their camper for temperature, symptoms, and possible exposure 14 days prior to camp. Participants who have had any fever, symptoms, or possible exposure are asked to stay at home.
- Participants with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be admitted into camp.
- Common spaces and activity areas will be cleaned daily. Cabin cleaning/sanitization is up to individual families. Supplies will be in the cabins.
- All activities will be designed with the ability for all families to socially distance from each other.
- Our staff will wear masks any time social distancing is not possible.
- Participants and staff will have their temperatures taken daily. Anyone who has a temperature of 100.4 or above and/or has two or more symptoms from the CDC’s list of COVID-19 symptoms will be immediately isolated and sent home from camp.
- We ask that participants keep us updated on COVID-19 status after camp. If a participant tests positive for COVID-19 in the two weeks following camp, please let us know so we can encourage anyone who may have come in contact with the participant to get tested.
Questions? Please email us at email@example.com.